With a new year comes new opportunities, and so as a church we’re starting a new initiative of ‘Reading the Bible Together’ (RBT).
In January we’re starting with the Old Testament book of Genesis: the idea is that, on a month-by-month basis, the whole church is reading through the same Bible book. Some people will want to read it a chapter or two at a time, while others will read it in one go (Genesis takes about an hour!). Next month we’ll move on to another book and over the course of 3 or so years we’ll have read the Bible all the way through!
To help us as read through the Bible, there are a number of questions we can consider:
- What did you learn about Jesus? (Luke 24:45-47)
- What did you learn from the Scripture that will help you endure and be encouraged? (Romans 15:4)
- What did you learn about yourself? (James 1:23 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- What did you learn that will teach you to do works of service to build up the church at Emmanuel? (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- What have you learnt that helps you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind? (Matthew 22:37-40)
- How were you corrected and rebuked and how do you feel you need to change to be the man of God thoroughly equipped for every good work? (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- What has helped you love your neighbour as yourself? (Matthew 22:37-40)